Monday, April 27, 2009

home again

For the last two weeks we’ve been on base, enjoying the more frequent showers and the comforts of a mattress. Also conforming to civilization, during one of my weaker moments I chopped my 'so far untouched in Aussie' beard off. Besides that downer, here is a little on what we have been learning these last couple weeks…

Week 9 Kelly Arndt – Worship:
A pretty touchy, though beautiful topic. Kelly is only 19 and spoke of God’s word so passionately, which was a major encouragement for me. The week wasn’t just spent singing but we looked at worship biblically and it’s many forms. Learned of the Lord’s grace and how undeserving I am but how God loves me all the same and showers me with it anyway, just because that is what He is like. Reached the point where all I can really do is adore God, this lovesickness for Him.

Week 10 Landa Cope – Biblical Worldview:
Lectures were all on video this week. Even though she wasn’t standing right in front of us, she still had a pretty big impact. She really challenged us to disciple nations in God’s way. To step out as we are called, not to shun the material world but to impact it, for it is the world that our Lord has created. It is an ongoing search and discovering more and more from our Lord, but to be open for Him to use us with all that He has created. This week opened our eyes to a lot of the things going on in the world around us.

My outreach team and me all had a traditional Irish breakfast this morning, blood sausage and all. Here is a picture of us enjoying our giant brekky.
It has been a great couple weeks back on base but it is about time to get out and start roughin’ it again. We are going back on the road for the next four weeks. We will be traveling down the coast this time, exploring more of the beauties of Aussie land. Thank you for all your prayers and please continue to pray for my school and me during our travels. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Prayer Requests,

Please pray for the safety in our travels and for encouragement in the school, not allowing the enemy to have any footholds.

Ask the Lord to really reveal Himself more and more, that I won’t back step but keep building on that relationship with my Father, going deeper and deeper.

Also may He give me strength, to persevere and always reach out for more of His grace. And for further understanding and knowledge of the Creator.

GO LAKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment